Our company has had the opportunity to work several times on the implementation of projects of a research and development nature. The one we joined in May 2018 is the longest and most complex of them so far.
What is BIOSTRATEG?
„Environment, Agriculture and Forestry – BIOSTRATEG” is a programme co-financed by the National Centre for Research and Development.
It covers the areas of key research determined in 2010 by the Krajowy Program Badań, which defines the interdisciplinary directions of scientific research and development works strategic for Poland. These are:który określa strategiczne dla Polski interdyscyplinarne kierunki badań naukowych i prac rozwojowych. Są to:
- New energy technologies
- Civilisation diseases, new medicines and regenerative medicine
- Advanced information, telecommunication and mechatronic technologies
- Modern material technologies
- Environment, Agriculture and Forestry
- Social and economic development of Poland in the conditions of globalizing markets
- State security and defence
What does EXSO do?
EXSO has undertaken the implementation of one of the projects within the BIOSTRATEG programme. We carry it out together with the Wrocław University of Life Sciences (acting as a leader), the Wrocław University of Technology, the University of Life Sciences in Lublin and the Institute of Technology and Life Sciences in Falenty. The aim is to develop by April 2021 an innovative method of grain and seed purification together with the reduction of pollutant emissions. Our company was selected as a consortium business partner due to its unique experience in two key competencies: both in designing drying kilns and managing the grain drying process, as well as in designing IT solutions to analyze large data groups.
The company’s tasks are divided into three stages:
- industrial research carried out in selected existing drying installations
- developing documentation and a prototype system containing catalysts for purifying the drying agent and the drying and heat recovery system from the stream leaving the dryer, as well as carrying out an energy analysis
- development of design documentation for an ecological drying and storage complex
The company will also participate in activities promoting the whole project.
We are very pleased that our experience and potential of our team have been appreciated. For a company, the possibility of implementing such an advanced project is not only a prestige, but also a chance to expand its competencies and strengthen the position of a partner for scientific institutions.